|This article is about an upcoming film. The information here is subject to change at any moment without warning. Please only post valid information.|
Friday the 13th Part 2 is an upcoming 2015 horror film, and the 13th installment in the Friday the 13th franchise. Initially assumed to be a sequel to the 2009 Friday the 13th reboot, reports now suggest that it will be a second reboot, rather than a direct sequel to its 2009 predecessor. This film is still in development hell with no cast members but there is a script. Paramount has picked up the full rights to the franchise, and was rumored to be released in March 2015, but this date was pushed back to November 2015 .
The plot is not really revealed but Jason is attacking Camp Crystal Lake when a few kids decide to reside there and that the deaths could be more brutal.
Clay and Whitney Miller are rumored to possibly be making an appearance.[source?]
- It's said that the producers are throwing around the idea of the film possibly being found footage.
- New Line has given the rights back to Paramount Pictures, with word that the studio is interested in bringing life back to the franchise.
- Producer Brad Fuller confirmed that the last script involved Camp Crystal Lake re-opening to the public and Jason would indeed be in a snow setting for a portion of the film.
- Despite interest from the producers to pursue a sequel, it seems that it wasn't enough move the project forward, as Platinum Dune's Brad Fuller was recently quoted saying that it's now "dead" and "not happening".
- It's rumored that the film may be in 3D.
- Originally aimed for an August 13th 2010 theatrical release.
- There's talk that there may be a segment in the film where Jason is pitted in the snow.
- It's said that this sequel will not take any cues from previous F13 sequels and will offer a completely new storyline.
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (2015 remake) at the Internet Movie Database
- Friday the 13th official website