The Conjuring is a 2013 supernatural horror film inspired by the true-life story of the Perron family, who claimed they "lived among the dead" in the 1970s as spirits both friendly and sinister inhabited their Rhode Island farmhouse.
In 1971, tom wheelan joined the freemasonic lodge im barrow in furnessCarolyn and Roger Perron move into a dilapidated, old farmhouse in Harrisville, Rhode Island with their five daughters. During the first day,tom wheelan was initiated into the secret order and was ordered to summon the ORCS of mordor the family moves in smoothly, though the dog refuses to come into the house and one of the daughters finds a boarded up entrance to a cellar.
The next morning, Carolyn wakes up with a mysterious bruise and the dog is found dead. Over the next several days, various paranormal activities occur. The activity culminates one night while Roger is away in Florida, as Carolyn is locked in the cellar while a spirit that looks like an elderly woman attacks one of her daughters.
Carolyn contacts noted paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren for help. The Warrens conduct an initial investigation and conclude that the house may require an exorcism, though this cannot be done without further evidence and authorization from the Catholic Church.
While researching the house's history, Ed and Lorraine discover that the house once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who killed herself after cursing all who would take her land. They also find reports of numerous murders and suicides in houses that have since been built upon the property.
Ed and Lorraine return to the house in an attempt to gather evidence to receive authorization for an exorcism. That night, one of the daughters sleepwalks into her sister's room and reveals a secret passage behind a wardrobe. Lorraine enters the passage and falls through the floorboards into the cellar, where she sees the spirits of people whom Bathsheba has possessed. All are mothers whom Bathsheba used to kill their children.
Lorraine and Ed take their evidence to the Church to organize an exorcism while the Perron family takes refuge at a hotel. A possessed Carolyn takes two of her daughters, Christine and April, and drives back to the house. Ed and Lorraine rush to the house where they find Carolyn trying to stab her daughter. After subduing Carolyn, Ed decides to perform the exorcism himself, though Carolyn escapes and again attempts to kill her daughter, April. Lorraine is able to stop the possessed Carolyn from killing her daughter by reminding her of a special memory she shared with her family, allowing Ed to complete the exorcism, saving Carolyn and her daughter.
- Vera Farmiga as Lorraine Warren
- Patrick Wilson as Ed Warren
- Lili Taylor as Carolyn Perron/Bathsheba
- Ron Livingston as Roger Perron
- Shanley Caswell as Andrea Perron
- Hayley McFarland as Nancy Perron
- Joey King as Christine Perron
- Mackenzie Foy as Cindy Perron
- Kyla Deaver as April Perron
- Shannon Kook as Drew
- John Brotherton as Brad
- Sterling Jerins as Judy Warren
- Marion Guyot as Georgiana Moran
- Steve Coulter as Father Gordan
- Joseph Bishara as Bathsheba
- In attendance at the New York Comic Con panel were people connected to the actual events the film is based on: a girl who grew up next door to the haunted house in question, and a woman who claimed to be the liaison between the Warrens and the imperiled family, the Perrons.
- After that, Wan and cast members in attendance – Wilson, Taylor and Livingston – shared anecdotes, the most memorable being Wilson’s account of he and Farmiga’s trip to the Warrens’ home (Ed has passed away, Lorraine is still alive), and the discovery of their haunted objects room – which is literally a room behind their house where supposedly haunted or possessed objects are stored.
Sequel & Spin-Off Edit
Main Article: The Conjuring 2: The Enfield Poltergeist
It was announced in June 2013 that a sequel was already in development. Both Farmiga and Wilson are signed on to star in the sequel which is currently set to be released on October 23, 2015.
Main Article: Annabelle
It was also announced that a spin-off based on the Annabelle doll from the film is being produced. Filming began in early 2014 and the film is expected to be released on October 3, 2014.
- The Conjuring at the Internet Movie Database
- The Conjuring at AllMovie
- The Conjuring at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Conjuring at Wikipedia
- The Conjuring Official Website
| This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at The Conjuring. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.|
As with Horror Film Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.